Romantic Ideas for Long Distance Relationships
Any relationship takes work, but a long distance relationship takes extra work. Not being able to see one another on a regular basis can take a toll on your relationship little by little. With the help of you, our visitors, we've come up with several ways to keep the romance alive in a long distance relationship.
- While at work, get on an Instant Messenger program (AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, or MSN Messenger) and chat throughout the day -- or at least during your lunch hour.
- Invest in a set of webcams! Most IM programs now let you do video chat!
- Send romantic email messages. Fill your emails with words love, your thoughts, feelings, etc. Send fantasy emails with details on what you'll do when you're together (as innocent or as sexy as you want to make them!). Or, if you're feeling rather sexy, check out HoochyMail.com where you can send customized emails that range from sexy to x-rated.
- Go old fashioned and write an actual letter to your sweetie. Before you put it in the envelope, add a spritz of perfume or cologne to the paper.
- Send her flowers just because. Flowers on your anniversary or a holiday are wonderful, but getting flowers for no reason at all -- simply because you love her -- is even more romantic. If you'd rather not send flowers, send a flowering plant. Include a note which tells her that like the plant, your continues to grow.
- Create your own love blogs using MySpace, WordPress, or Typepad. Each day post a message for him/her to read. Add photos, clipart, videos, and sound clips for a more interactive love blog.
- Send him a care package. Include some of his favorite baked goods, a box of candy, and other things to remind him of you and your relationships.
- Give them sweet dreams of you with a pillow case that you've spritzed with your perfume or cologne.
- Create a customized calendar that includes photos of the two of you for each month of the year along with special dates marked throughout the year. Check out Shutterfly to create your calendar.