Marriage Proposals in Charleston, SC
Whether you live in Charleston or take a weekend getaway, this historical city is full of romantic southern charm with plenty of unique and romantic marriage proposal opportunities.
- Take a walk along The Battery at sunset and propose as the water crashes against the wall.
- Head over to Waterfront Park and grab a swing on the dock. Propose as you sway in the night or get their early to watch the sunrise and propose as it rises over Charleston Harbor.
- Take her on a carriage ride around historic downtown and propose as you take in the night time sky.
- At Middleton Place, an old Southern Plantation, you could walk through the beautiful gardens, then stop for a break on a bench to tell her how you feel and ask her to be your wife. Or take a stroll by the river and propose waterside.
- Propose at Cypress Gardens, a state park/swamp, as you row your boat through the grand cypress trees.
- After a romantic dinner, head over to Kaminsky's on Market Street and propose over a decadent dessert and coffee. Kaminsky's offers the most delicious desserts in town.
- Take a walk over the Ravenel/Cooper River bridge at night under the stars. Propose when you get to the top.
- Spend a night at Woodlands Resort & Inn, the only 5-star restaurant and inn in the area. You'll have to drive up to Summerville for this gem, but it's worth it. If you let the staff know ahead of time, they'll help make your proposal a moment to remember.
- Spend a night at The Planters Inn, the same bed & breakfast where Ryan Phillipe proposed to Reese Witherspoon. This bed & breakfast has a southern charm like no other.
- During the spring, head up to Summerville and propose in Azalea Park. It lives up to it's name as it's filled with blooming Azalea bushes around the end of May and beginning of April.