I'm not sure there's a sexier dessert recipe out there for a romantic, intimate night together than chocolate covered strawberries. Both chocolate and strawberries are considered aphrodisiacs and they go perfectly with champagne. They're delicious, take no time to make, and are sure to take your romance to the next level.
Ingredients:1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Hershey's milk chocolate chips
1 tbsp. shortening (do not use butter, margarine, or oil)
2 containers of fresh strawberries (larger is better)
- Rinse your strawberries and pat them dry.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper and line your strawberries up on it.
- Put the chocolate chips and shortening in a pot and heat until compeltely melted, stirring constantly. Be careful not to overheat the chocolate.
- Holding the strawberry by the top, dip the bottom two-thirds into your melted chocolate mixture. Shake very gently to remove excess chocolate from the berry. Place on your covered cookie sheet.
- Cover your berries and refrigerate for at least 1 hours, or until the chocolate coating is firm.
- For best taste results, eat your strawberries within 24 hours
- Try adding switching out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips and making white chocolate covered strawberries.
- Decorate your berries with sprinkles, coconut, etc.
- Try adding a teaspoon or two of Kahlua to your chocolate mix