You asked and we found them -- hundreds of pick up lines for every situation you may find yourself in, from ice-breakers, to conversation starts, to laugh getters. We have the baddest of the bad pick up lines to the sweetest of the sweet pick up lines and everything in between.
Pick Up Lines Categories
Pick Up Lines that Work
Pick Up lines range from general ice-breakers to straightforward conversation openers, such as introducing oneself, providing information about oneself, or asking someone's likes and interests. You'll also find elaborate attempts at humor, including humor such as "Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only 10 I see!" or "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put 'U' and 'I' together". Also, they can be to flirt, such as "Do you have a map, because I keep getting lost in your eyes."
There is a question whether pick up lines work efficiently -- should you really use one or are they just for laughs. Our answer is BOTH. You'd be surprised at the number of people who've told us that a pick up line, even a cheesy pick up line, really worked on them! The key is your presentation and follow up. :)
Be warned though, use of these lines in real-life dating situations may sometimes result in well... not necessarily what you were hoping for. ;)
In addition to the top pick up lines (as voted on by our readers!), you can also check out the following:
How & When to Use a Pick Up Line
So you're out and you see someone that you'd like to meet, but just aren't sure how to approach them. Pick Up lines are perfect as ice breakers from the straightforward conversation opener to the cheesy pick up lines designed to get a laugh.
- You need to know what your goal is in picking him/her up. Are you looking to meet a new friend, a one-night fling, or a potential long-term relationship? Your situation will often dictate the type of line that you use.
- You need to know yourself and how you do in dating situations. Do you have a sense of humor? If you're not great with humorous situations, you may want to try a funny pick up line to help ease you in. Do you have a hard time breaking the ice? If so, perhaps a flattering or flirty pick up line will help ease you in.
- You need to know how to finish the pick up. Pick a pick up line that not only eases you into meeting someone, but helps ease you into an actual conversation with the person. We'd recommend skipping the bad ones. ;)
Best Pick Up Lines
If you're looking for a way to pick up your next date (or even if you're just looking for a good laugh), check out the best of the best pick up lines as voted on and submitted by our readers!
- It's a good thing you're not corn. [Why?] Because you're hot. You'd be popping all over!
- Look him/her up and down and say "And I thought it was hot outside!"
- Do you smoke? [No.] Then why are you so smokin' hot?
- This is the check-out counter, right? [Right.] So, is it all right if I check you out? [or if "No."] Could I check you out anyway?
- Are you an artist? (No.) I'm surprised, because you are a masterpiece.
- Don't be so picky... I wasn't!
- Is your name Summer? 'Cause you are HOT!
- Did you drop something? [What?] Your conversation, so let's pick it up right here.
- Do you mind if we share this cab to my house?
- Lets make like fabric softener and Snuggle!
- Hi, who's your friend?
- Drop an ice cube and say 'Now that we've broken the ice, my name is...'
- Kissing is a language of love, so how about a conversation?
- If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?
- How You Doin? [ala Joey on NBC's FRIENDS]
- What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?
- Do you have a map? I just keep on getting lost in your eyes.
- I'm new in town. Could you give me directions to your apartment?
- Do these look real?
- Kiss me if I'm wrong, but isn't your name Guadalupe?
- It's not the size of the boat. It's the motion of the ocean.
- It's my birthday! How about a birthday kiss? "Is it really your birthday?" No, but how about a kiss anyway?
- Fat penguin. [What?] I just wanted to say something to break the ice.