Create your engagement scrapbook as a way to remember that special planning period complete with craziness and romance.
He (or she) asked! You said yes! Now it's time to save the memory.
- Dating. How long did you date before getting engaged? How long were you dating before you knew that you would get engaged in the future?
- Who proposed and how did they ask? How did he come up with the plan? Was anyone else in on it? Describe the experience in detail.
- How did you react? Were you surprised? Shocked? Did you burst into tears or just shout "Yes!" over and over?
- Was the proposal expected or a surprise? Were you expecting the proposal for some time or did your partner completely surprise you?
- The Ring. Who helped pick it? How did they decide which one to get? What does it look like? Is it an heirloom?
- Telling Everyone. Who did you tell first? How did you tell family and friends? How did they react?
- The Engaged Life. Has it changed? Do you feel different?
- Merging your lives. How did the process begin? Did you get a joint banking account? How did it feel when you started combining things? Were you excited? Nervous?
- Living Together. Did you live together before you were married? What was that like? Did it prepare you for married life? Were there big adjustments or was it smooth sailing?
- Planning Stress. What did you do to get away from the wedding planning stress? Weekend getaways? Quiet morning time together with a relaxing cup of coffee?
- Engagement Photos and Mementos. Did you have professional engagement photos taken? Was there an engagement announcement in the newspaper? Did you receive congratulatory cards or gifts?
With a wedding looming, the engagement period is often overlooked. Yet, it's an important time of life with significant relationship changes taking place. Be sure to document those experiences and feelings that you have before your big day.
Now it's time to get organized!
Introduction to Romantic Scrapbooking
Romantic Scrapbooking Basics
Romantic Scrapbook Design
Online Photo Development