December, a month filled with gift giving holidays like Christmas and Hanukah, can also be a month filled with romance.
December 4 - International Hug Day
Grab your sweetie and warp your arms around him or her in a big, snuggled bear hug. Or, send them a hugging poem
or romantic ways to celebrate hugging holidays
December 7 - Letter Writing Day
Write a romantic love letter and put it in the snail mail like they did in times past. If you need inspiration, check out our user submitted love letter
December 8 - Winter Flowers Day
Send her a beautiful bouquet of winter flowers (beautiful winter tulips are a great choice!). Check out our favorite florist, ProFlowers.com
for great deals on bouquets.
December 14 - The 12 Days of Christmas Begins
Celebrate the 12 days of Christmas with our 12 Days of Christmas Romance
December 17 - Bake Cookies Day
Spend the afternoon baking holiday cookies together and decorating them! You'll have fun enjoying each other's company and a sweet treat at the same time.
December 20 - Go Caroling Day
Bundle up and celebrate the holidays out together by caroling. You'll have fun together while getting in the holiday spirit.
December 21 - Winter Begins
Celebrate the beginning of winter by taking a sleigh ride together, going sledding, or heading out on the ski slopes. The idea is to have some romantic winter fun together.
December 24 - National Chocolate Day
Enjoy some chocolate, one of the ultimate aphrodisiacs, together today: feed each other bite's of chocolate cake, enjoy rich chocolate mousse by candle light, or "paint" each other in the bedroom with gourmet chocolate body paint
December 24 - Christmas Eve
Head out tonight for a drive around town to view Holiday light displays together. Take along some hot cocoa and holiday music for a fun and romantic evening together.
December 25 - Christmas Day
The possibilities are limitless! Sit by your tree and exchange gifts as you sip hot cocoa and keep warm by the fireplace. Create a special romantic holiday light display
. Here are a few resources to make your holiday a little more romantic:
12 Days of Holiday Romance
- Our take on the 12 days of Christmas!
Holiday Gift Guide
- Our guide to romantic holiday gifts.
Top 10 Romantic Gifts
- Our top 10 romantic gift ideas!
Top 10 Romantic Holiday Movies
- Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the season and relax with one of these romantic holiday movies.
- A Thanksgiving to New Years' dating survival guide.
Romantic Stocking Stuffers Ideas
- Give your sweetie a bit of Christmas romance in their stocking.
Last Minute Gifts
- You may be running short on time, but these gifts make up for it in romance.
Holiday proposal ideas
- Propose this holiday season with these holiday proposal ideas.
Kissing Under the Mistletoe
- Is the tradition of kissing under the mistletoe still alive? Find out where mistletoe and its traditions come from and how to enjoy the magic of a mistletoe kiss this Christmas.
December 31 - New Years Eve
Party the night away and then share at kiss at midnight as you ring in the new year together. If you're thinking of proposal tonight, check out our News Years Eve proposal ideas