10. Flirting is an attitude. A good flirt is self-confident and not afraid to take risks. Be enthusiastic and positive, it works!
9. Start a conversation. The best opening line is saying hello. Talk about the surroundings, ask a question, ask for help, state an opinion.
8. Have fun. Be playful, light-hearted and spontaneous. Show your vulnerability.
7. Use props. Never leave home without a prop. Props are natural conversation starters. They encourage conversation and others will be compelled to start talking to you. Great props include: dogs, kids, unusual jewelry, a fabulous scent, a sweatshirt with your favorite passion, interesting ties, hats, or an interesting book or newspaper.
6. Be the host. Change your behavior from the role of guest to host. You are not the passive person in waiting, but rather the welcome committee.
5. Make the first move. Move closer to the person you want to meet. Say hello!
4. Listen. You have two ears and one mouth because you should listen twice as much as you speak. Listening is a true art. Your flirting partner will be drawn to you. Everyone loves to be heard.
3. Eye contact. Make eye contact, but please look your partner in the eye gently (no more than 2-4 seconds) and then glance away. Don't stare - it's a turn off.
2. Compliment. Compliment your flirting partner. The best compliments have the element of surprise. The "flirtee" will know that you really noticed them. Remember, your compliments must be honest, sincere and genuine. When you receive a compliment the best response is merely, Thank You!
1. Smile. It is contagious. It will make you so much more approachable. A smile lights up your face and draws people to you. You will be a people magnet. Try it!
Meet your "mate for life" at Match.com!