20th Anniversary Ideas & Gifts
By: Amy Cunningham
Your 20th anniversary is one of elegance and romance. After two decades together, only china, the traditional 20th anniversary gift, or platinum, the modern 20th anniversary gift, will do. Read on for creative and romantic 20th anniversary gifts.
20th Anniversary Flower: Day Lily
20th Anniversary Gemstone: Emerald
- Get a place setting of your wedding china to add to your collection.
- Take a trip to China for the two of you. If you have the time and can splurge, make it a two week trip for two years of marriage.
- Create a custom plate to display in your house.
- Send her a gorgeous porcelain rose. Some china is made from porcelain, so this would work well for this anniversary as well.
- Give her a Chinese bonsai plant.
- Get two place settings of special china to use for a special anniversary dinner and then use for every anniversary from here on.
- Any platinum jewelry would work well for this anniversary.
- Send her a single platinum rose. This is a real rose, preserved in platinum.
- A platinum record from his/her favorite band.
- Give her 20 roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 20 years.
- Relive the past. Re-watch your wedding video, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last two years.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her twenty small gifts for the twentieth anniversary.
- Create a 20th anniversary time capsule!