With silk being the traditional 12th anniversary gift item, you're in for one sexy anniversary night. Silk sheets, silk underwear, silk lingerie... add a few candles and you're good to go! If you want to do more, though we wouldn't understand why ;), read on for creative and romantic 12th anniversary gifts.
12th Anniversary Flower: Peonies
12th Anniversary Gemstone: Jade
12th Anniversary Traditional Gifts: Silk/Linen
- Send her a bouquet of beautiful silk roses.
- Surprise your mate with sexy, silk lingerie or silk boxers.
- Give her sexy silk pajamas to take with her on your weekend getaway.
- Get a new tablecloth and have a romantic candle-lit dinner to go along with it.
- Give him a silk tie. You could give it to him while wearing nothing but the silk tie (ala Pretty Woman).
12th Anniversary Modern Gifts: Pearls
- Pearls are a hard gift for men, but pearl cufflinks would work well.
- Give her an oyster with a real pearl inside. Many place sell these as a kit that comes with a chain to create a beautiful necklace as well.
- A Pearl Bailey CD for the music buff.
- The movie Pearl Harbor on DVD for the movie buff.
- A week long anniversary trip to Pearl Harbor in Oahu, Hawaii!
- Any pearl jewelry would work well as a gift for this anniversary.
12th Anniversary Romantic Ideas
- Give her twelve roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 12 years.
- Relive the past. Re-watch your wedding video, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last twelve years.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her twelve small gifts for the twelfth anniversary.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!
Homemade 12th Anniversary Gift Ideas
- Embroider linens (tablecloth or bed linens) with their names and wedding date.