Your 13th anniversary is all about textiles with a traditional 13th anniversary gift of lace and a modern 13th anniversary gift of textiles or fur. While clothing may be the first thing that comes to mind, you can get surprisingly creative and romantic with these ideas. Read on for romantic 13th anniversary gifts.
Traditional Gift: Lace/Textiles
- Send her a bouquet of beautiful lace roses.
- An antique tablecloth with a candle-lit, made-from-scratch dinner eaten upon it earns 5-stars in the romance department.
- Find some lace doilies and purchase gourmet chocolates to put on them.
- Get monogrammed linenes for you bedroom.
- Surprise him with a romantic night and sexy lace lingerie to go with it.
- Take an amazing anniversary trip to Chantilly, France, the location that inspired the hit song "Chantilly Lace" by Jerry Foster, Bill Rice, and The Big Bopper in 1958. Photos of Chantilly look pretty spectacular!
- Take a hot air balloon ride.
- Sexy lace pajamas.
- Another great trip would be Nottinghan, England, the birthplace of Nottingham lace, a beautiful variation of the material. Nottingham evens has a Lace Market, a protected heritage area, which was once the center of the world's lace industry.
Modern Gift: Textile/Fur
- Give her a fur coat (or faux fur)!
- Give him a snazzy new suit and a night on the town.
- Get new bedding for your bed... silk or satin works well. ;)
- Give her thirteen roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 13 years.
- Relive the past. Re-watch your wedding video, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last thirteen years.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her thirteen small gifts for the thirteenth anniversary.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!
Homemade Gift Ideas
- Sew a few lace doilies. Use pieces of lace to decorate a photo frame or scrapbook.