The 3rd anniversary traditional gift idea is leather, which is a perfect represenatation of your marriage at this point -- beautiful and sexy. If you go with the traditional gift idea, select something that is timeless, rather than super trendy, and make sure that it represents your partner and your relationship. If leather is a no-go (maybe your partner isn't a fan!), go with the modern gift of elegant crystal. The most important thing is to get creative with the gift suggestions and customize your ideas to your partner. Below are a few romantic 3rd anniversary gift ideas and romantic ideas to get the crativity flowing! Don't forget to share with us in the comments below what you end up selecting. :)
Traditional Gift: Leather
Beautiful, sexy, and timeless!
- Send her a bouquet of beautiful leather roses.
- Give him a sexy leather jacket.
- Give him an engraved leather flask.
- Give your partner a new set of luggage. If you want to make it even more special, surprise him/her with a vacation to go along with the luggage.
- Give her a gorgeous leather purse with a special gift inside.
- Get him a new leather chair to relax in. Leather recliners are always a hit.
- Splurge and get yourselves new leather furniture for your living room.
- Give him an leather travel kit, preferably engraved.
- A leather belt.
- A leather briefcase.
- Design your own leather jewelry as gift to her. We found this great book on Amazon with 40+ leather jewelry projects with step-by-step instructions.
- Get him an autographed football or basketball (both made of leather!) signed by his favorite player or team.
- Surprise him with some super sexy leather lingerie and a night of role-playing. If you're feeling especially adventurous, explore together with exotic toys like leather whips or cuffs.
- A new leather wallet with a gift card inside.
- If you're crafty, trying creating these leather flowers. If you the time and patience, create an entire bouquet for her!
- For the music lover, an engraved leather CD case. Include a hard to find disc from their favorite band.
- If you don't want to give a "leather" gift, pick another romantic gift and tie it with a leather string.
Modern Gift: Crystal/Glass
Elegant and upscale!
- Send her a bouquet of beautiful crystal roses.
- Send her a single crystal rose that shimmers like a rainbow when it catches the light.
- A Crystal anniversary clock to display in your home. Engrave it with your wedding/anniversary date for personalization.
- Get a set of beautiful Waterford crystal engraved anniversary toasting flutes and a great bottle of champagne and toast to your last three years together and many more.
- Buy some Swarovski Crystal Beads and surprise her with a handmade, one-of-a-kind necklace. If you need some inspiration, check out these great project instructions.
- Get a set of crystal flutes to toast your marriage this anniversary and the rest.
- Give her an engraved crystal jewelry box. Add a little trinket (a bracelet, some earrings, etc) for an extra special surprise.
- Plan a romantic trip to Murano, Italy, where the art of glass making was born and where artisans still practice glass making techniques that are centuries old.
- Give him an engraved crystal paperweight to keep on his desk at work.
- Design and create a stained glass mosaic that represents your relationship and love. If you're having a tough time coming up with a concept or design, but still want to try this uniquely romantic gift, try personalizing one of these glass mosaic heart patterns.
- Give her an engraved glass candle.
- Give her a beautiful glass bead bracelet.
- If you're looking for a unique, romantic take on the crystal/glass gift, send a romantic message in a bottle.
- Give him/her a personalized/engraved crystal gift.
- Give the music buff a Crystal Gayle CD.
- Plan an afternoon together at a glass blowing studio where you'll enjoy some quality time together while designing your own glass creations.
- Give the movie buff a DVD featuring Billy Crystal
- Send her a unique silver flower with crystal petals.
Not into traditional and/or modern gift lists? Try one of these romantic gift ideas or romantic date ideas for your 3rd anniversary.
- Relive the past. Re-watch your wedding video, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last year.
- Go out for three romantic meals in one day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Give her three things that remind you of your wedding day.
- Celebrate for three days with three romantic date nights.
- Take an extended weekend getaway: 3 days to celebrate the last three years.
- All good things happen in 3's: Do three things together that you've been putting off.
- Spend the first 3 hours of your anniversary day together in bed just enjoying each other's company.
- Do everything in sets of 3: 3 kisses, 3 'I Love You's', 3 rounds of 'woo-hoo'.
- Give her three single roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 3 years.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her three small gifts for the third anniversary.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!
Homemade Gift Ideas
- Use leather strips to create key chains, lanyards, or even weave them together to create a handbag.