Diamonds last forever just as your love for one another. After 60 years together, what better way to represent your love than a stone that has endured as you have. Read on for creative and romantic diamond anniversary gifts.
60th Anniversary Flower: None
60th Anniversary Gemstone: Diamond Jubilee
60th Anniversary Traditional Gifts: Diamond
- Give him a watch encrusted with diamonds for him, though this wood work for her as well.
- Give him diamond cufflinks.
- Give her the diamond ring that you wished you could have given her when you first got engaged and married.
- Any other diamond jewelry for him or her would work well for this anniversary.
- Take the trip of a lifetime -- Princess Cruises Diamond Princess! These amazing, once-in-a-lifetime trips take you to Alaska and the far east for anywhere from 10 to 32 days.
- Get a bottle of Red Diamond wine and enjoy it over an intimate dinner together.
- Take a trip to see one of the most stunning diamonds of all time, The Hope Diamond, which is housed in the Smithsonian. This amazing blue diamond was formed deep within the Earth approximately 1.1 billion years ago. If a trip isn't possible, gift her with a replica of the Hope Diamond, also inspired by its appearance in the movie The Titanic.
- Instead of your typical anniversary dinner, try something new and enjoy a romantic dinner out together at a five-diamond rated restaurant or one of AAA's five-diamond rated restaurants.
60th Anniversary Modern Gifts: Diamond
- Any of the 'Traditional' Diamond gifts would work well for the modern gift selection as well.
60th Anniversary Romantic Ideas
- Give her 60 roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 60 years.
- Relive the past amazing 60 years that you've spent together. You've achieved something that very few ever do. Re-watch your wedding video (if you have one) or look at your wedding album together, reminiscing and reflecting on the last two years.
- Celebrate this amazing accomplishment with those special people that have shared in your lives with you by hosting a 60th anniversary party.
- Renew your wedding vows in front those that matter the most -- your children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.
- Relive those early years together. Visit the place where you were married or perhaps the first home you shared as a married couple. Let the memories of those days rejuvenate your love as you share this special day together.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!
Homemade 60th Anniversary Gift Ideas
- Use 'faux' diamonds in any craft project.
Ways You Can Celebrate with the Couple
- Create a slide show with 60 photos showcasing their 60 amazing years together with a photo for each year set to their "song" or wedding music.
- Create a congratulatory video including messages from all family and friends, home videos through the years, photos of significant events, etc. Let the video showcase this deep love that started as a budding romance and built an incredible life over six decades all with the power of love.