Congratulations on your second anniversary! You've made it through two of years of marriage at this point and you're nice and comfortable in your relationship, much like the cozy and comfortable traditional gift of cotton! Going with a cozy gift, doesn't mean slacking in the romance department though, but rather finding something that represents your partner and your relationship. If you're not into cozy this year, and would rather go with something more elegant, try the 2nd anniversary modern gift of china, which is sturdy and strong. Not into either list suggestions? The great thing about anniversary lists is that they're only guidelines and we've got ideas below for you as well!
Traditional Gift: Cotton
Cotton is cozy and comfortable, much like the second year of your marriage.
- Send her a bouquet of beautiful cotton roses.
- Create a shirt with a photo of the two of you on it or a gorgeous throw blanket. Most of the online photo retailers offer these as gifts.
- Have a shirt that she loved on you? Turn it into a cuddly teddy bear! Check out Ms. Jermyn's cuddly bears on Etsy.
- Have a quilt made with different garments that have meant something over the last couple of years: what you wore when you proposed, what you wore on your first anniversary, their favorite shirt, etc.
- Wrap up a sexy new dress outfit or suit for your mate to wear on a special dinner date that night.
- Give her a terry cloth cotton robe with a gift certificate for a spa weekend in the pocket from SpaFinder, which gives her a choice of which spa she would like to visit.
- Give your guy a break with a pair of men's therapeutic terry slippers and a weekend morning to sleep in without the alarm clock buzzing.
- Buy the highest thread count sheets that you can find and spend the day in bed together!
- Buy bags of cotton balls and get creative! There are soooo many things you cab do with these.
- Get some cotton candy for some creative bedroom fun. ;)
- Buy a live cotton plant to plant together in your yard or a package of seeds to grow your plant from the beginning.
- Create a gorgeous bouquet made completely from raw cotton -- the stems with cotton balls are completely unique. Mix in a few roses for extra beauty.
- While not found in traditional jewelry stores, you can find beautiful handmade jewelry pieces made from cotton, including earrings, necklaces, and bracelets.
- Crocheted items are really coming back in style -- you can find incredible handmade hats, sweaters, handbags and more.
- A homemade quilt, particularly one made from meaningful fabrics (ex. the shirt he wore on your first date, an article of clothing from the day of your first kiss, etc).
- Pack a cotton bag with oversized beach towels, comfy cotton beach clothes, and a card mentioning a weekend beach getaway.
- Really high thread count sheets to make your bed time together a little more comfy.
- Get a set of comfy cotton sheets, comfy cotton pj's, and spend the day together in bed!
- Buy sexy cotton underwear for her or classic cotton boxers for the guys.
- If you don't want to give a cotton gift, pick another romantic gift and wrap it in something cotton, such as a shirt, blanket, or robe.
- A canvas backpack and the promise of an adventure together.
- Comfy pajamas or lingerie, along with a day in bed to enjoy them!
- Make your partner dinner, then serve it wearing only a flirty apron.
Modern Gift: China
China is strong and sturdy, much like the marriage you've built together over these last two years.
- Get a place setting of your wedding china to add to your collection.
- Create a custom china plate to display in your house with your names and anniversary date.
- Send her a gorgeous porcelain rose. Some china is made from porcelain, so this would work well for this anniversary as well.
- For a tea drinker, get a vintage bone china tea up and saucer along with a selection of gourmet teas.
- Have a gorgeous pendant created from china chips. If you have a broken piece from your wedding set, that would make the necklace even more romantic.
- Get her a handmade bracelet (or other piece of jewelry) that incorporates pieces of china. We love this one from etsy!
- Celebrate your anniversary dinner at a romantic Chinese restaurant.
- Get two place settings of special china to use for a special anniversary dinner and then use for every anniversary from here on.
- Take a trip to China for the two of you. If you have the time and can splurge, make it a two week trip for two years of marriage.
- Give her a Chinese bonsai plant.
- Take a 2nd honeymoon.
- Relive the past. Re-watch your wedding video, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last two years.
- Take a weekend getaway: 2 romantic days to celebrate the last 2 years.
- Instead of dinner, go out for two things: drinks and dessert.
- Celebrate for two nights instead of just one! Go out to dinner both nights.
- Give her two single roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 2 years.
- Send him two romantic email messages. One telling him how much you love and the other telling him how much you want him that night.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her two small gifts for the second anniversary.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!
Homemade Gift Ideas
- Embellish a set of Egyptian cotton towels with their names and wedding date. Embellish his and hers bathrobes with Mr. & Mrs. Create a stuffed bear at Build a Bear if she's a kid at heart.