After a sexy 3rd anniversary with leather, it's time for a super sweet 4th anniversary with a traditional 4th anniversary gift of fruit and flowers (or both!).
If you're going with the modern gift list for your 4th anniversary gift, you're moving from the elgance of crystal to the practicality of appliances -- and by appliance, we don't mean a new dishwasher to replace the one that's ont the fritz, but rather something useful, thoughtful for your partner.
If you're unsure Why not combine them both?? Buy a chocolate fondue fountain and a pint of fresh strawberries. Spend the evening dipping chocolate berries and feeding them to each other by candlelight!
4th Anniversary Flower: Geranium
4th Anniversary Gemstone: Topaz
4th Anniversary Traditional Gifts: Fruit/Flowers
- Send her a bouquet of beautiful fruit roses.
- Send her a bouquet of two dozen real roses. Make it extra special and send her four dozen for four wonderful years of marriage.
- Set up a floral delivery purchase that will send her one dozen roses each month for a full year.
- For a twist on the whole fruit and flowers idea, try a delicious, edible arrangement of fruit by Edible Arrangements! These bouts are simply amazing!
- Surprise him with gourmet chocolate body paints that will give him a sweet night. This is perfect for those on a budget because you can make it yourself! Add some strawberries to dip as well! You'll have a sensual night for certain.
- Send her a bouquet of one dozen of chocolate covered strawberry roses.
- Plant a fruit tree and watch the fruit of your love grow over the years.
- Give your partner a membership to a fruit or flower of the month club . It"s an anniversary gift that will give throughout the year.
- Give her a collection of flower seeds and a note telling her that these are the seeds of love.
- Put together a romantic fruit basket filled with various aphrodisiac fruits and chocolates.
- Plan a romantic dinner at home with grilled kabobs, candles, and a fondue dessert of fruit kabobs.
- Find a fruit scented perfume that she would like. This isn't as difficult as it may seem as a lot of the sweeter smelling perfumes have fruit scents in them.
- Alternatively, select a romantic floral scented perfume to surprise her with!
- Is she in need of a day of relaxation? Get her a selection of fruity or floral scented bath products and a day of relaxation with a spa gift certificate.
- Select a dozen gourmet dipped berries from berries.com. These are gorgeous and delicious!
- Fill a room with fruit or floral scented candles for a romantic night together.
- Turn that romantic night into a little more with decadent chocolate body paints with fruity flavors, like the cherry chocolate!
- Or, try out some fruity scented (or tasting!) massage lotions and oils!
- If you're looking for a fruit themed date, head to an orchard and pick apples together -- or any fruit for that matter, such as strawberry picking, blueberry picking, etc.
- For a romantic floral themed date, take a drive out to a rural area and find a field of wildflowers. Bring along a picnic lunch to enjoy and pick a bouquet for her before you leave.
- Make your own chocolate dipped strawberries with champagne.
- Add to your romantic anniversary dinner date with fruity wines.
- If you don't want to give a "fruit or flowers" gift, wrap your gift in floral wrapping paper or attach a single red rose to the packaging.
4th Anniversary Modern Gifts: Appliances
- Give her a blender (ala father of the bride), to blend that favorite drink. Slip in a few romantic cocktail recipes to add a kick to your romantic night.
- Give her a Belgian waffle maker, but take it a step further and make her breakfast in bed with it!
- Give him a new grill. What man doesn't want a grill. Get one with lots of gadgets and knobs and he'll be even more thrilled.
- Get a fondue set and use it for a romantic dipping dinner on your anniversary night.
- Give your partner a deluxe coffee maker, cappuccino maker, or juicer, along with a promise to spend a few quiet moments together each morning while sipping your drink.
4th Anniversary Romantic Ideas
- Relive the past. Re-watch your wedding video, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last year.
- Enjoy a 4-course dinner at a 4star restaurant that you've been wanting to splurge on, but keep puttin goff.
- Restaurant hop! Pick 4 amazing restaurants and have drinks at one, appetizers at the next, main course at the next, and dessert at the last one.
- Since the traditional gift is fruit or flowers, why not plant a garden together? You'll have a good time together and you'll reap the results for many more anniversaries to come.
- Find fruit scented fragrances such as fruity candles and air fresheners and share a fruity dessert.
- Visit a local garden, national forest, or a botanical center and enjoy a picnic lunch together.
- Instead of going out to dinner, cook a gourmet, candle-lit dinner at home.
- Give her four single roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 4 years.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her four small gifts for the fourth anniversary.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!
Homemade Fourth Anniversary Gift Ideas
- Create a gorgeous bouquet of flowers out of silk flowers. They won't die and you can display them in your home. Use craft supplies to create your own 'sugared' fruit centerpiece display.