Your 40th anniversary celebrates love, not only because of 4 decades together, but because of the red colored ruby, the traditional and modern anniversary gift idea. While jewelry always works well as an anniversary gift, creative gifts of red will work well for the 40th anniversary as well. The key is a gift of love.
40th Anniversary Flower: Nasturtium
40th Anniversary Gemstone: Ruby
40th Anniversary Traditional Gifts: Ruby
- Any type of Ruby jewelry for her.
- Quality cufflinks with a ruby encrusted on them would work well for him.
- A bottle of red wine.
- Any romantic gift idea that has a ruby red color to it.
40th Anniversary Modern Gifts: Ruby
- Again, ruby jewelry, such as necklaces, earrings, or bracelets would work well.
- And as above, ruby encrusted cufflinks for him are an option.
40th Anniversary Romantic Ideas
- Give her 40 roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 40 years.
- Relive the past. Re-watch your wedding video, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last two years.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her forty small gifts for the fortieth anniversary.
- Give them a 40th anniversary gift basket full of gifts from their anniversary year.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!
Homemade 40th Anniversary Gift Ideas
- Anything red works here. Create a floral arrangement of only ruby red flowers. Design a mosaic using only ruby red shades of tiles. Your mosaic could be in a design to represent your spouse.